Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ettens boot camp

2 posters

Go down

Ettens boot camp Empty Ettens boot camp

Post  Areruthalion Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:41 am

Hail friends!

As i've now reached rank 6 and have led many successful (and unsuccessful as elthur has witnessed Embarassed ) raids in the ettenmoors I had an idea, well I had it ages ago and as Erlo is trying it for the whole server i thought i'd try it for our kin.

I thought maybe that next thursday as many of us as is possible could go into the ettenmoors in the afternoon (starting at 1700 for a bit of fun then moving on to tactics, terminology and other important lessons at 1830). I thought we could run around a bit and die a lot before moving onto lessons of how not to, basically to fail a lot whilst we get the numbers up to show people how badly a raid can go and as many pitfalls as i can remember in that short space of time. Then at 1830 i will move on to tactics both creep killing and keep taking as i can. The creeps will be there in numbers and we will die a lot but that's half the fun as long as you remember that there are relatively no repair bills in the ettens as long as a creep kills you, the NPC's are different but again there is a very diminished effect on your equipment.

The other reason I want to do this is I think it would be fun if FOTW could take part in ettens runs on certain days and that, if we work out how to do it properly we can gain a lot of reputation with the online community.

So please respond below if you fancy coming along anytime that day is fine really as it is just after the update so the f/creeps will be logging on in numbers almost immediately after the servers are up again so we will NOT be the main raid which will increase our chances of success.

Of course throughout the whole thing I will be explaining all the programme commands that you should have active and recommendations for traits for the ettens along with the politics within the community pertaining to the ettens and of course the acronyms.

Hope to see you there, Ayer.

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Ettens boot camp Empty A great idea for a new adventure!

Post  Arkiriell Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 am

I'll still be on leave so will join you next Thursday (21 August). Looking forward to learning more about how not to die every minute! and gaining some experience in the Ettenmoors!

Arkiriell

Back to top Go down

Ettens boot camp Empty Re: Ettens boot camp

Post  Areruthalion Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:37 am

The server wouldn't let me on but I'm starting to think it's tiscali so i am changing ISP, don't know what to but i am, Will try this again this thursday if people are willing, we'll kick off at 1700 and build people up as we go, was thinking of having an hour to run around and die a bit then i'll start the seminars off at 1800/1900 when we have a sort-of raid going.

Terribly sorry about my (the op's) lack of attendance but I assure you i was ranting and raving, did manage to log onto my creep for a few minutes and told them to leave isen alone if they could, being as it's terribly boring and there's no real reason to go there for the creeps they did it seems as it was the only location we still had on friday morning.

Oh and sorry about starting this thread as it seems there is already one similar but I'm not the most observant person when it comes to text Wink

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:33 am

happened again so im going to have to suspend this idea until i get my MAC then i'm leaving tiscali for someone else. It's definately not codemasters as, as podalire will confirm, my connection was severed to the server, but not by the server, it's only when tiscali is busy do i get cut off and the internet runs little better than my old 56k modem when it's busy so am joining someone else. Am confident though that in two weeks hence i will lead you to do battle (fingers crossed) again apologies but it was out of my control

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down