Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday

+2
Vorean
Leodwulf
6 posters

Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday

Post  Leodwulf Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:22 pm

I have talked with our kinpeople of restarting our raiding activities and i have found that there are many people interested in it. Also this time, saturday 5pm, seems to work for many of us. Also wednesdays have been good days for many, starting then a bit before 7pm, so perhaps we couls continue our adventure then. But i hope that you comment this thread and i will make another topic handling in general about raiding and the Rift.

I believe we would need few reinforcements from our alliace kins, but i'm not sure about, so if you haven't talked to me and still are interested please contact me in game or post to this topic. In general everyone are welcomed to join(has to be 50lvl or really close, of course due to the nature of the place) and i do hope it would turn out to be a fun event with all the challenge and teamwork. Remember also to bring your sense of humour and relaxed attitude with you - we will go ahead with small steps and raid, not to primaly achieve, but to have fun. Well, i'll edit this post with new thoughts. Cheers!

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty Re: The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday

Post  Vorean Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Would love to join you guys and Saturdays and Wednesdays are great for me. Unfortunatly I cannt make it this Saturday Crying or Very sad (29th) but will be about for any further visits
Vorean
Vorean

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/more_cowbell/m'

Back to top Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty Esurandir is in

Post  Esurandir Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:37 am

Hi mates !

I'm in for the rift at saturday 5 pm.. I'll probably go out in the evening though, so i guess i wont have time for playing after say 8.30 pm or something like that, depending on what we plan. cheerio !

Esurandir

Back to top Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty Re: The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday

Post  Durdrin Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:00 am

Codemasters has not been able to transfer my champion from Eldar yet, so I will not be participating on the Rift run this saturday Im afraid.
However, if they manage to pull out the ace out of their sleeve and manage to transfer Beortric to Laurelin during this evening I will be there to aid you guys.

[EDIT] Haha just after posting this I got an email from CM that stated that they've completed my order and Beortric should now inhabit the server of Laurelin. Seems like I will be able to participate after all... Not sure if I have to change my character name though but I will be contacting one of you officers for an invite shortly after I get out of work.

Durdrin

Back to top Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty how did it go?

Post  Daboo Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Hello everyone!!!! first week of new job behind and im tired as hell and mine and Eipo's gametime are up so we can't be online for now so dont kick us!! Suspect
So how did the rift went? got any fat loot? Shocked Please put some screenies if you have some?
well im off again ill hope to see you all soon!

:Daboo alien

Daboo

Back to top Go down

The Rift Nürz Gäshu - starting sharp at 5.00 pm GMT on 29th saturday Empty - Not so well

Post  Leodwulf Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 am

Daboo wrote:Hello everyone!!!! first week of new job behind and im tired as hell and mine and Eipo's gametime are up so we can't be online for now so dont kick us!! Suspect

Okay, we won't be kicking you out, thanks for the info! Hope to see you two back soon.

Daboo wrote:So how did the rift went? got any fat loot? Shocked Please put some screenies if you have some?
well im off again ill hope to see you all soon!

:Daboo alien

Ooh well, i meant to brief you folks about it yesterday but seems i didn't do that.. But anyways. We had really hard time there and wiped a lot. In the end we managed to made our way to the Barz but couldn't take it down. I guess the experience at least gave us a lesson - perhaps most related to our class balance. What i mean that next time we should definately have 2 loremasters, or at least 2 burglars and 1 loremaster. Crowd control seems to play really important role there and considering that subject, we didn't really face a small challenge with our raid make up. But i hope we all also enjoyed there an are able to continue it.

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Kudosarian Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:37 am

I was online on Friday night and got an invite to go to the rift with a friend form another Kin. It seemed pretty quiet in our Kin, so I ceased the opportunity to take a look and see what the craic was all about. As a newbie to the Rift, I felt that I would lend some of my experience of it to our Kin.

Firstly, I agree with what Leo said above. 2 Loremasters are needed for the rift. The leader of the raid was familiar with the task at hand and was able to provide advice along the way, but they had it well nailed down. The 2 LM kept the slaves and slave keepers stunned while the rest worked on crowd control, mainly using Tanks to hold aggro. This method worked excellently and we finally reached Barz. Their method here proved also successful as we took him down on the second attempt. I think we had 3 minstrels in all. The main tank held the aggro of Barz while the minstrels kept him alive. The rest worked on the adds, again with the 2LM working to keep the slave and slave masters stunned. The tank again grabbed the aggro of the adds and eventually Barz fell.

I had to leave at this point, but I just wanted to emphasise what Leo said above. It seems important to know your role (as a class) within the raid group, and also to have a plann before just jumping in.

Kudos
Kudosarian
Kudosarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down