Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helegrod?!???!!!

+5
Dahngar
Annwyl
galenthir
Arkiriell
Areruthalion
9 posters

Go down

Helegrod?!???!!! Empty Helegrod?!???!!!

Post  Areruthalion Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:59 am

I was wondering if we could set up a day where we had several hours in helegrod, I shall now attempt to create a list of things to consider;

1. There is the problem that it is a MASSIVE instance in that we need 24 people to do it, I have heard of people do it with 18 and there was that kin that killed thorog with 12 but 24 would be the best idea.

2. It takes a long time to do, but completing all the quests in there practically puts you at kindred status with the elves of rivendell and there are some really good rewards for killing the bosses in there so it's well worth doing, bearing in mind that the quests are non-repeatable but give out loot that's possibly better than the rift stuff but mainly jewellery and the lore of ages.

3. Thorog is HARD, i just read the guide on the lorebook and it seems we'll need to stack up on fear potions to defeat him and we need 4 captains.

4. Due to the massive-ness of this instance i think we need to plan this about a month in advance so we can get people to pretty much guarantee attendance and try to get everybody there so any suggestions on which days we could do this would be welcome below!

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Helegrod?!???!!! Empty Helegrod: Sunday 28th September at 4pm/5pm?

Post  Arkiriell Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 am

I'm all for getting the kin to do more things together. Also, if we don't plan this, some of us might never get to experience Helegrod. As most of us have had our leave and are going back to work I would like to suggest a Sunday afternoon, starting at 4pm/5pm BST (GMT). Just to get things going, why don't we aim for Sunday 28th September and get people to sign up in the meantime? Something to look forward to! Very Happy

Arkiriell

Back to top Go down

Helegrod?!???!!! Empty Re: Helegrod?!???!!!

Post  galenthir Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 am

Yes, would be nice to peek into Helegrod someday. And before Moria too, because it's quite obvious that interest for older instances will dwindle. Although, it might be fun too to experience them with level 60 characters Smile.
galenthir
galenthir

Back to top Go down

Post  Annwyl Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 am

Yes why not, but only if it's not going to include seminars.

Annwyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahngar Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 am

Yes, I think this is pretty much the only way for a guy like me (having family of my own) to get to an instance like Helegrod. Thyrialin was telling me about the huge size of the place. He seemed to like the place a lot, but I've never been there, if the quick visit to the gates by my self doesn't count.
Dahngar
Dahngar

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:36 am

okay sunday the 28th september anyone who wants to come /sign this forum and tell us the class of your intended character and we'll have a look at this, there will obviously be gaps so globallff will come in handy but if we dont have enough on the forum i'll put a post on the lotro forums and see if we can plug the gaps from there.

I've never been before so if someone with experience could step forward to lead us in there then i would be grateful.

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahngar Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 am

Dahngar, lvl50 HNT would like to join
Dahngar
Dahngar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorean Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:47 am

Sounds good to me, and Vorean will be there

Its a good idea to make sure you get the pre-requisite quests done before you go (they are just running around ones), you will not be prevented from doing anything but as there are so many others there your chance of a nice reward is slim, so getting a quest done and maybe a new title may well have to be reward enough. I put a link at the bottom with what looks an OK guide.

(bring poison removal pots)

http://sites.google.com/site/helegrod/
Vorean
Vorean

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/more_cowbell/m'

Back to top Go down

Post  galenthir Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:58 am

Will try to be there. Though I doubt we get many replies for attendance on these forums..
galenthir
galenthir

Back to top Go down

Helegrod?!???!!! Empty Helegrod walkthrough

Post  Arkiriell Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:00 am

This is a complete walkthrough for Helegrod that you might find interesting to read beforehand Very Happy

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Walkthrough:Helegrod

Arkiriell

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Okay that's six replies, good so far, just need another 18 before that sunday and thats 26 days away.

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:13 am

Annwyl wrote:Yes why not, but only if it's not going to include seminars.

and no, no seminars Wink

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimfrithgar Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 am

Great idea, I would like to join as well. Level 50 hunter.

Grimfrithgar

Grimfrithgar

Back to top Go down

Post  Annwyl Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:43 am

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306917

Right. Well you should really know us a little bit better, Hun Rolling Eyes

Galenthir is a guardian, Arkiriel our beloved lore-master, I am a champion and I if Vorean has a hunter hiding somewhere the rest of us have never met him/her.

Annwyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Leodwulf Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 pm

This is good idea and what i know, i should be able to come along then. From the experience when we were there last time, it should be pretty fun for a change. Though probably its better to leave any hopes of killing Thorog home but otherwise i believe the place is reasonably challenging.

Last time we had couple people with us who had lots of experience there, i could ask if people from certain kinship would be interested to join for it. But no idea if they are already bored to that place.

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:00 am

hey i have a memory like a sieve and have been ettens leading for ages now. I thought erlo was a guardian the other day. I have been around for 3 ages now I have forgotten more than most will ever know. (ooc i apologise but take a long time to learn names let alone what attaches to those names, terribly sorry all)

oh yeah remember galenthir, he tanked thrang once i remember and arkiriel, it's all coming back to me. I was sure vora had a hunter, oh well, no accounting for taste. Was sure she was of good taste. Silly elves with hobbit friends, wait! I have a hobbit friend, must be a silly elf then. Ah but i am!!! dontcha know??!

Anyways check out the link in whoever it was that linked to codemasters forums and look at the list there (only joking arkiriel, i mean annwyl)

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Enanlorn Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Enanlorn the ALL MIGHTY AND WAY COOLER THAN ANY OTHER ONE, would like to join.

Enanlorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahngar Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:36 am

Seems like Dahngar cannot make it after all. My wife is going out and I have to look after our kids. The instance is so long, that there's just no point in me coming for an hour or so... sorry
Dahngar
Dahngar

Back to top Go down

Helegrod?!???!!! Empty RESULT!

Post  Areruthalion Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:36 am

That went quite well last night I thought. We got to thorog and the remaining 12 of us had a half hearted attempt and beat him down by about 10-12k before his shadow breath killed us all!!

We wasted a lot of time on the giants and wiping stupidly in the drake cave (people dont seem to be able to keep away from eggs). But I feel it was a very good experience and would like to go again someday. It was 21:50 when we finished so if we dont wait for afkers (as we dont need to apart from zaudru and thorog) we could probably kill thorog.

I was therefore going to try again on the 12th of october, we could try again on the 2nd of november and then the next weekend is the mines of moria launch weekend, I really wanna down this bad boy before we go to moria and leave Eregion behind sort of....

I was delighted at everybody turning up, was worried at about 1600 as 7 of the non-fotw guys hadn't turned up but they turned up later and what didn't help our chances was that another group was in helegrod on the same weekend as a few of my friends were in there but not with me lol.

Thanks all for attending and participating, again, if you want to go again on sunday the 12th of october (2 weeks) then sign this forum with your intentions!!.

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  galenthir Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 am

Yes, definately went quite well. Tactics were a bit hazy at times since we didn't have much experience of the place. But I suppose Helegrod isn't tricky in that sense. As long as you keep a cool head and react to what's happening, it's not that bad even if it doesn't go perfectly.

But yes, would be nice to have another try before Moria. Though Helegrod isn't a place I like to do that often. It's fun and all, but 6 hours of raiding is hard on the butt and eyes Smile.
galenthir
galenthir

Back to top Go down

Post  Annwyl Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 am

It was nice to have a chance to see the place, thank you for that. Too bad that for me it was, as feared, mostly a major lag fest with details so low I could barely see your faces *kicks her old PC*. And yes, raiding such a long instance can get exhausting so I really don't see myself going there too often. But then of course almost anything is fine as long as it involves some time with beloved kinmates and a second time in November sounds good enough. Also, I should have everything ready for my new computer any day now so hopefully you'll see your Champion moving a bit more smoothly by then Smile

Annwyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Vorean Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:08 am

a few pics from the day...

big guy and a little hobbit
https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/12/23/14/82/screen10.jpg

whats that you say? behind me?
https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/12/23/14/82/screen11.jpg

big dragon goes a bit crazy...
https://i.servimg.com/u/f33/12/23/14/82/screen12.jpg
Vorean
Vorean

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/more_cowbell/m'

Back to top Go down

Post  Areruthalion Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:49 pm

We spent 6 hours on it yes, but...

1. we waited unneccesarily for about 1.5 of those for people who were afk, dont need to wait on the most part for afkers

2. It was my first run and we didnt really know where we were going or what we were doing

3. We spent far too long on the drummers

4. We waited for at least 10 minutes extra before we started the bosses as we didn't know what to expect

5. I hadn't had any experience with the master looter so was learning as i went along, got the hang of it in the end Wink

So to total up we wasted about 2.5 hours on unneccesary tasks and tribulations. I reckon next time we go in that it will last only until 21:30 ish and we'll have downed thorog or wiped on him.

Areruthalion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down