Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play, what is it?

2 posters

Go down

Role Play, what is it? Empty Role Play, what is it?

Post  Markiel Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:05 am

I wonder, what is difference between playing and roleplaying? I have tried all the time play from my characters point of view. Female elf lady, lore-master. When I play LOTRO in Middle Earth, I try to be that my char. A alone, little egoistic, physical fragile but mental powerful lore-master. Frigga is not me, I made it as much opposite of my real life me. Man-woman, fat-thin, man-elf, strong-weak, poor-rich and so on. And levelling in LOTRO is NOT my main goal to play. I did it in WoW with my first char, but after that I have tried to adventure and have fun as much as I can. You can call it escapism, but so what! Winter time in Southern Finland is rainy, dirty and grey. With LOTRO I can escape it at least for some hours. And now in Our kinship I have got my first friends in LOTRO. Shocked

And Middle Earth IS a beatiful land. At least now when I have High Graphics.

Lint to close-related thread: https://fotw.rpg-board.net/general-chat-f3/role-playing-descriptions-t38.htm

Last edited by Frigga Asynjur on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:10 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Testing Forum link.)
Markiel
Markiel

http://www.markonet.fi

Back to top Go down

Role Play, what is it? Empty Roleplay

Post  Kudosarian Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 am

I for one would weldome more RP into the Kin. When you need a break from the normal grind and crafting, RP can deliver. I currently have 1 alt (Kidosarian) who is a role playing hunter. Although I am fairly new to it (Thanks to Sere and Hildae for the help in getting started), I had a rather nice walk with another RP charcter across the shire just talking about our "made up" histories etc. It is amazing what you can come up with in that situation.

A good place to start would be to record your BIO. Do this by opening your character panel and selecting BIO tab at the bottom. This can help to get a feel for the character you want to be. Feel free to checj out Kudos's BIO at any time guys, it may even make you feel for him!!

Kudos
Kudosarian
Kudosarian

Back to top Go down

Role Play, what is it? Empty Born as an Adult!

Post  Markiel Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:48 am

I was born as an adult elf near Thorin's gate and I din't have a clue how I was born and why just there. Now I see, I must make up my history before I started my journey in Middle Earth, who am I, Where I came from, what relations I have with other people (I think most of them must be elves because I don't believe I am a dwarf descendant) and then other races. And maybe more important where I am going to go and why. Let me have some time, this kind of play is new for me, but I think I am an only child, because I am so egoistic. Shocked
Markiel
Markiel

http://www.markonet.fi

Back to top Go down

Role Play, what is it? Empty Re: Role Play, what is it?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down