Flame of the West
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding - general discussion

2 posters

Go down

Raiding - general discussion Empty Raiding - general discussion

Post  Leodwulf Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:24 pm

As we are close to restart our raiding events i wanted to bring out few points for open discussion. These handle few general aspects of the raiding.

What i have understood our goal would be to form raids within the kinship so there wouldn't be any need for players outside the kinship. I see nothing wrong with this goal as raiding too is all about of having fun together, and getting to know each other - and that would perhaps work best within kinship. But at the moment we don't have that kind of pleasure because currently our numbers lack a bit to form raids only by ourselves. I have now contacted I Aphadrim Ned Valar kinship if they would be interested to take part in the raiding.

I expressed my concern earlier how we face a little problem there who will get in when we start the raid as there is limited number of spots(12 for Rift). Hope this won't be a problem in any way but i would like to see that we prioritize our own members because we are holding this event. Of courses it is important to do this in understanding with our ally kinship but i hope they will understand this view. Any comment and opinion on this is most welcome.

Then the next big question: loot distripution. As there are some nice teal gems and other items dropping from the bosses. In my opinion we have 2 options to choose from(and variations). First is that we just roll on teal items with, perhaps master looter to give time to check them. Easy, purely random but might lead to imbalanced results with bad and good luck. So perhaps firstimer wins something and one who has been there on every occasions hasn't won anything significant.

Second option is to have a boss kill point system(in other words dkp). There one gets points from taking part in session and boss kills according to decided amounts. Then people would send bids for an item to one person and we would see who wins it. On few first times we could have option to go certain amount below 0 points, so the system would start to work. Bad side in this system is that it takes a bit maintenance but on the other hand it is fair compared to the effort spent in the instance.

Okay, well here are my few points to begin the discussion. I think we could keep this thread here to talk about different matters regarding raiding.

Last edited by Leodwulf on Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Leodwulf

Back to top Go down

Raiding - general discussion Empty Re: Raiding - general discussion

Post  Vorean Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:41 pm

hmmm, can see advantages and disadvantages of both systems. If we can get a regular group week in week out then the random rolls might work out best. However if we have either too many or too few the dkp system might well work out best and the fairest in the long run. but as you say this will mean more work, but thats what officers are for right? Smile So I think I would suggest the dkp system to start then see how it works out
Vorean
Vorean

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1017105/more_cowbell/m'

Back to top Go down